Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users2  Add Reply 
Most of the time I buy parts from stores near out area, however some parts are not readily available, so I resort online. Are online auto parts stores trustworthy?
02-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Each store has it's own pros and cons. You can go to the websites of large online retailers that also have stores in your area if you want to be sure you'll get the part advertised but there are better deals if you're willing to go to auction or somewhere like Amazon, only with less guarantee that you get what you want in the condition you need it in.

Some parts are worth haggling over, others are worth getting new. Example: I haggle on suspension parts but look for the best brand available in brake parts since I can swap out a bad suspension but the brakes can never fail.
02-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Some are, some aren't. You could look around a larger Honda forum like HondaTech, or something like that. Or, you could just go to a dealership.
05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
They are. I even trust eBay. I've ordered a lot of parts on eBay just because it's cheaper. I always call a local store, and when they give me a price, I check eBay, and if I find something cheaper, I get it from eBay.
05-30-2013, 08:17 PM
I think they're pretty trustworthy, but you have to know how to look out for scams. It's also a good idea to look for stores that offer some sort of buyer protection. Paying via Paypal or with a credit card (instead of a debit card) is another good idea because those methods offer additional protection for shoppers.
01-21-2014, 04:10 PM
In the same way that some stores are trustworthy and some aren't, some online stores are trustworthy and some aren't. It's up to you to do the research before purchasing from any store. Read as many customer reviews as you can.
04-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users2  Add Reply