Forums Search Login Register
Login
Username
Password
New Posts Todays Posts Find Users Posts Unanswered Threads Help Mark Forums as Read

Thread Options  Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users5  Add Reply 
I'm curious to know if you've taken your pilot offroad at all, beyond just a gravel road anyway.

While it's not going to win the Baja I did drive mine across a harvested corn field last fall and it was smoother than I expected. Do you worry about driving yours offroad at all?
02-18-2013, 12:45 AM
I really wish there was a place where I could take my Honda Pilot for off-road driving, it seems kinda cool to try. Reminds me a few years back when I visited Africa and I had to do a little but of off road driving hehe.
08-30-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm sure it will do well, but I've always babied my vehicles. I don't really like taking them off-roading. In my opinion, it's best to invest in a cheap used vehicle for that, not to use your main car.
01-29-2014, 06:40 PM
I am a little afraid to take it off-roading to be honest. I have have a few opportunities but didn't do it because I have done it in the past with other cars and it didn't turn out too well. If anyone here has done it though let us know!
04-15-2014, 08:48 PM
I would take one offroading. I'm not sure if all models have Variable Torque Management 4WD or if it's only certain models, though. I would more than likely only take the models with VTM-4 in case I got stuck. The switch from front-wheel drive to four-wheel drive would help tremendously.
04-15-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it could handle it, but I've never done the offroading thing in my own vehicles. I used to have a Jeep Cherokee. It had big tires and was perfect for "muddin'," but I was still very careful with it. Like an above poster, I pretty much baby my vehicles.
04-18-2014, 04:11 PM
(02-18-2013 12:45 AM)Bigbigfan Wrote:  I'm curious to know if you've taken your pilot offroad at all, beyond just a gravel road anyway.

While it's not going to win the Baja I did drive mine across a harvested corn field last fall and it was smoother than I expected. Do you worry about driving yours offroad at all?

Mines a 2003 Honda pilot 4wd ex I believe, and it was my dad's before and he pushed it hard. It's on its third transmission. While it's not an off-road vehicle, I don't really care. I've taken mine through some pretty deep mud holes and up and down steep mud hills. It actually did better than my dad's 2014 Toyota tundra off-road going through the mud, much to our disbelief. I'll post my pics of it when I get home I'm actually pretty impressed with its performance.... Of course my mechanic thinks I'm going to kill it by pushing it too hard.

Thumbnail(s)

05-10-2015, 05:46 PM
I've been thinking about using it for off-road as well. I bought Toyo tires like this one http://4wheelonline.com/Toyo_Tires.202664 from 4WheelOnline before and been using it on my main car for off-road. I want to see if Honda Pilot can handle off-road since the tires can handle muddy terrain with ease.
07-23-2017, 11:23 PM
Subscribe to this thread Subscribed Users5  Add Reply